Group therapy is a superior method of therapy for anyone who could benefit from learning more resilient and adaptive social skills or wishes to become more comfortable in, and less avoidant of, social situations. Groups allow people to benefit from the advice and guidance of the therapist as well as from each other.
This group might be an appropriate form of treatment for you if you could benefit from:
- Developing more positive self-worth
- Increased comfort in social situations
- Enhancing conversational skills
- Understanding nonverbal communication
- Building problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Learning to be more appropriately assertive
- Understanding how to build/maintain trust with others
- Improving relationships with friends, family and co-workers
- Learning to express yourself in a way that encourages others to listen
Participants will meet with Dr. Lyons individually in her office for an initial interview to assess suitability for this group and to develop their personal goals for the group experience prior to meeting the other members. In this way, each person’s objectives are clear throughout the group therapy experience.
This group meets on Wednesdays between the hours of 10:00 AM and 11:15 AM and is held off-site at the offices of INNOVATION 360 Austin, which is located at 6850 Austin Center Blvd., Suite 210, Austin, 78731.